Gerbes Consulting Privacy Statement and Policy
This is the Privacy Statement and Policy (“Privacy Statement”) for Gerbes.eu consulting. This Privacy Statement was last updated in March 2023.
Gerbes consulting understands that your privacy is important. Gerbes is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information you provide or as you access and use materials on Gerbes.eu or other Gerbes.eu websites (the “Site”), including the Site subscription pages or other websites or apps that post a link to this Privacy Statement. In addition, information that you submit to Gerbes.eu in response to an email request for information or other outreach from Gerbes.eu, will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you are a European resident, please see the European rules at the end of this Privacy Statement for further details on how we handle your information and how to exercise your rights.
Gerbes constuling may, in its discretion, amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. To ensure you are able to remain informed about the information we collect and how we use it, material changes to our statement will be reflected here. This Site may contain links to external sites which are not governed by this Privacy Statement. Gerbes consulting does not take responsibility for the privacy practices of any third-party sites to which we link. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any such sites before you submit information there.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. By browsing the Site or expressly consenting, where required under applicable privacy laws, you agree to be bound by this Privacy Statement.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT, AND HOW WE USE IT
What information do we collect?
Account and Subscription
Gerbes consulting collects information from you when you create your account for the Site, request copies of publications, subscribe for email newsletters and press releases, seek additional information regarding our services, and for marketing communications (via emails, social media platforms) from Gerbes consulting based on your consent, where required under applicable privacy laws.
Personal information that we collect includes names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, IP, geo location, subject areas of interest and/or demographic information.
If you do not provide such information, you may not be able to create an account for the Site, request copies of publications, subscribe for email newsletters and press releases, seek additional information regarding our services or employment opportunities.
Surveys and events
Gerbes consulting collects information if you register for conferences and other Gerbes.eu sponsored events, and/or take part in surveys run by Gerbes consulting.
Personal information that we collect includes names, e-mail addresses, IP, unique personal identifiers, subject areas of interest and/or demographic information.
In addition, we sometimes aggregate demographic information, and the types of systems and browsers of users Gerbes.eu also may conduct user surveys on the Web or use technologies to provide Gerbes.eu with information on a number of areas, such as user identity, user viewing habits, whether or not users found what they were searching for, whether the Site content is relevant to user needs, and the like.
How do we use personal information?
The purposes and uses of your personal information will depend on the use of the Site and the personal information provided. We process your personal information:
- For the purposes of safeguarding the legitimate business interests pursued by Gerbes This includes:
- Communicate with you and manage your requests in relation to your account, subscriptions to Gerbes.eu newsletters, publications, events and survey participations
- Tailoring your experience at the Site with relevant Gerbes.eu materials
- Understanding the Site’s user population, identifying subject areas of interest, and determining whether the Site is designed to work with the computer settings of a majority of our visitors
- Measuring and improving the effectiveness of Gerbes.eu marketing programs across different channels
- Improving our web content and navigation
- Informing you about updates to the service and notifying you about other products and services offered by Gerbes that may be of interest to you, including information regarding publications and events and track email engagement activity for internal use only.1
- On the basis of your consent where required under applicable privacy laws. Insofar as you have granted us consent to the processing of personal information for specific purposes, the lawfulness of such processing is based on your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- For compliance with a legal obligation. This includes anti-fraud and anti-money laundering measures as well as tax and social security requirements.
HOW WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
The third parties with whom we may need to share personal information to help us provide services and products to you and to run our Site include:
- Our advisors
- Our third-party service providers who process information on our behalf to help run some of our internal business operations including email distribution, IT services, the Site security and marketing and events services
- Law enforcement bodies in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order
- Gerbes.eu may disclose your contact information in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information that you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to Gerbes consulting
Because Gerbes.eu is a global organization, we may need to transfer personal information which is collected on the Site or through other means as described under this Privacy Statement across the Gerbes consulting to help operate our business efficiently. This also includes third parties located in different countries around the world, including outside of the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK.
These arrangements may involve your personal information located in various countries around the world Gerbes.eu maintains and stores personal information in systems and applications located in Europe as well as USA where privacy laws differ. The personal information is only accessible by authorized persons or vendors who are bound by privacy requirements, and we only make these arrangements or transfers where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect information held in that country. In addition, the Site may be viewed and accessed anywhere in the world including countries that may not have laws regulating the use and transfer of personally identifiable information.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Gerbes.eu retains your personal information for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our services) and the length of time thereafter during which we may have a legitimate need to reference your personal information to address issues that may arise
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
In our marketing communications with you we monitor and comply with applicable data privacy laws and if, at any time, you prefer not to receive further communications from us in any or all forms you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every e-mail that is sent to you by us. When subscribing to Gerbes.eu e-mail newsletters, you are given the opportunity to select which promotions, news, and information you would like to receive at the time of sign up, and you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from such communications.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Gerbes consulting has in place appropriate technological and operational security processes designed to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized employees and contractors will have access to any data provided by you, and that access is limited by need. Each employee or contractor having access to any personally identifiable information is obligated to maintain its confidentiality. Although we take steps that are generally accepted as industry standard to protect your personally identifiable information, Gerbes.eu cannot guarantee that your personally identifiable information will not become accessible to unauthorized persons and Gerbes.eu cannot be responsible for any actions resulting from a breach of security when information is supplied over the internet or any public computer network.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
Gerbes.eu complies with all applicable data privacy laws. Gerbes consulting may be compelled to surrender personal user or customer information to legal authorities if presented with a court subpoena or similar legal or administrative order, or as required or permitted by the laws, rules and regulations of any nation, state or other applicable jurisdiction. Also, in the event of a violation of the terms and conditions of use of the Site or a violation of any restrictions on use of materials provided in or through the Site, we may disclose personal user information to our affected business partners or legal authorities.
In accordance with applicable data privacy laws, including but not limited to the GDPR and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and details of how we use that information. If any of the information held about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to amend or rectify it, please follow the process outlined below and we will amend our records where appropriate. You also have the right to request that we erase your personal information, stop processing your personal information, restrict the processing of your personal information, and provide your personal information in a portable format. Where processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent to processing. This may not apply if there are other legal justifications to continue processing. If you think we may have incorrect personal information, or would like a copy of the personal information we hold on you, or to exercise any other data protection right, please contact us. Please note that we need you to prove who you are before we can provide you with any information.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
Gerbes.eu understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, particularly in their online interactions. This Site is not designed for and does not intentionally target or solicit to children 18 years of age and younger.
USE OF Gerbes.eu WEB SITES
Your access to and use of the Site are subject to this Privacy Statement and certain other terms and conditions, contained in our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect this personal information directly from you and from third-party sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms, where permitted under applicable local laws.
Purposes for the Collection, Use, or Sharing of Personal Information
We collect, use, or share personal information to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including to:
- Develop, improve, operate repair, and maintain our products and services
- Provide support and respond to requests for information
- Advertise and market our products and services, and personalize user experiences
- Conduct research, analytics, and data analysis
- Operate and maintain our facilities and infrastructure
- Undertake quality and safety assurance measures, and conduct security control and monitoring
- Detect and prevent fraud and perform identity verification
- Facilitate and implement any reorganization, financing transaction, merger, sale, joint venture, partnership, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- Maintain records, comply with law, legal process, and internal policies, and exercise and defend legal claims.
Purposes for the Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information
We may use sensitive personal information of account log-in, password, or credentials allowing access to an account which qualify as sensitive personal information for purposes of performing services for our business, providing goods or services as requested by you, ensuring security and integrity, short term transient use such as displaying first party, non-personalized advertising, order processing and fulfilment, servicing accounts, providing service, verifying client information, and activities relating to quality and safety control or product improvement.
You may, subject to applicable law, make the following requests:
- You may request that we disclose to you the following information:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such personal information
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing personal information about you
- The categories of personal information about you that we shared (as defined under the applicable privacy law) and the categories of third parties to whom we shared such personal information; and
- The categories of personal information about you that we otherwise disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such personal information (where applicable)
- You may request to correct inaccuracies in your personal information
- You may request to have your personal information deleted
- You may request to receive the specific pieces of your personal information, including a copy of the personal information you provided to us in a portable format
- You may request to opt out of the “sharing” of your personal information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising
If an agent would like to make a request on your behalf as permitted under applicable law, the agent may use the submission methods noted in the section entitled “Individual Requests.” As part of our verification process, we may request that the agent provide, as applicable, proof concerning their status as an authorized agent. In addition, we may require that you verify your identity as described in the section entitled “Individual Requests” or confirm that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
Where we maintain or use de-identified information, we will continue to maintain and use the de-identified information only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify the information.
1. Unless it is subject to your consent where required under applicable privacy laws.
2. CPRA defines sensitive personal information as personal information that reveals an individual’s social security , driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; precise geolocation; racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, citizenship, immigration status, or union membership; the contents of mail, email, and text messages unless Gerbes.eu is the intended recipient of the communication; genetic data; The processing of biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual; Personal information collected and analyzed concerning an individual’s health; and Personal information collected and analyzed concerning an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation.